In general, accessories are like the exclamation point on an outfit – they help complement the base package and pull everything together. In the case of lift accessories, they go one step further than just making the lift look good to actually help technicians be more effective, which translates into faster cycle times, more service tickets and higher profits. Looking good and making more money while doing it? Yes, please.
In 2017, Rotary’s 10 best-selling accessories all helped add versatility to lifts. Here are the most popular accessories:
10. Two-Post Tool Holder – This easy-to-mount tool holder is the perfect addition to a two-post lift to hold most tools that technicians need access to within arms’ reach.
9. Supplementary Jack Stand – Stabilize vehicles on two-post surface and inground lifts when removing heavy parts with a lightweight, easy-to-use jack stand with 4,000 lbs. of capacity and a maximum height of seven feet.
8. Air and Electric Utility Box – This all-in-one utility box provides easy access to air and electric feeds with additional hooks to hang tools right on the two-post or four-post lift, so there’s no need to waste time leaving the bay.
7. Adapter Extension Kit with Mounting Rack – This extension kit for 10,000 and 12,000 lb. two-post lifts with 3-stage arms add 3.5” to 5” of additional clearance from lift arms to the adapters used to lift the vehicle’s frame.
6. Rolling Jack – Perfect to pair with any drive-on lift, rolling jacks can lift the front, rear or all wheels off the runways for conducting brake, tire, suspension and alignment work.
5. Truck/Van Auxiliary Adapter Set with Rack – These auxiliary adapters are ideal for vans or pickups that need a little more clearance to reach the manufacturer’s recommended lifting points – up to 9 3/8” – on any surface-mounted or inground frame-engaging lift with flip-up adapters.
4. Wheel Wing Kit – Brake and tire work is easier when technicians can ergonomically move heavy wheels to the wheel wing mounted right on the lift arm.
3. Trio Adapter Extension Kit – Designed for use with the SmartLift SL210 inground lift with Trio Arms and the two-post SPOA10 with Trio Arms, these adapters provide additional lifting height and clearance between the vehicle and the lift arms.
2. Low Profile Adapter Kit – Properly lift unibody vehicles on two-post and Smartlift inground lifts equipped with 3-stage arms using this set of four low-profile adapters.
1. Door Defender Carriage Cover – Install this thin rubber guard on both carriages of a two-post lift to prevent dings when opening vehicle doors.