A look at the people that make Rotary Lift
Today we're speaking with Ron Lainhart, parts and service manager with Rotary Lift.
Ron is the face of RAI Training and ALI Training, at Rotary Lift. Along with managing Rotary Genuine parts, Ron is a member of the team that you can't simply replace. His industry knowledge helps guide many of our installers in the field and his commitment to other parts of our business is invaluable. We were excited to sit down with Ron and get to know him a little better! Enjoy!
Q: How long have you been with Rotary Lift?
Ron: Over 17 years
Q: What do you enjoy about your job?
Ron: Rotary Lift is a great “people place”; it is fun working with so many people passionate about their jobs. I also enjoy the fact that we are in a small town in southern Indiana but we are a global company and I get to work daily with folks from all over the world.
Q: What’s your favorite part of RAI Training class?
Ron: Meeting so many people, we have folks come in from all across North America and many other countries. I thoroughly enjoy getting to know everyone and I have many friends across the world from my involvement with RAI Training.
Q: What drives your passion for the ALI (Automotive Lift Institute) program?
Ron: Two reasons: First, I have had the opportunity to work and learn from extremely talented people in many different areas: the Automotive Lift Institute, other lift manufacturers and hundreds of the best lift technicians you will ever meet. Second, I have learned so much from the program and I feel blessed to be able to pass on information that makes our industry safer.
Q: What is your involvement with Rotary Genuine Parts?
Ron: I am the Parts & Service Manager, responsible for the marketing of parts and I oversee the service network. I absolutely love my job because of the people I work with internally and externally.
Several years ago I had to buy a belt for my mower and the imitation-aftermarket-clone-non-OE belt (whatever you want to call it) was $7 cheaper than the OE belt, I opted to save the $7. The second time I mowed my yard I was feeling pretty smug about saving $7 and then I was taught a valuable lesson on the importance of OE parts.
I am a true believer in OE parts because I work with engineers and manufacturing personnel that are talented and have a complete understanding of materials and design. I could go on and on about the value of Rotary OE Parts & Accessories but I believe everyone that uses them knows and understands, YOU JUST GET-IT.
Q: What is one fun fact about you that people may not know?
Ron: Well, there are a few:
• I wear a Mickey watch because I am a big kid at heart.
• I love to cook but extremely bad at it.
• I am a Navy Veteran, spent 7 years on active duty and 3 years in the Reserves. I started out as a Yeoman and then cross-rated to Legalman. I was stationed in Brunswick, Maine in VP-11 for 3 years and then Philadelphia for 4 years.
• I like to talk so here is a sea-story: I went to Yeoman school in Meridian, Mississippi and was fortunate to be in the first class of students to go through the school on a PC (An Apple II system) and that experience had a major impact on my my career. This past May I went on a class trip with my youngest son to Washington DC and as we visited the Smithsonian Museum of American History, there on display at the Smithsonian was an old friend:
Q: What’s your favorite vacation spot?
Ron: I have been to several really great places. I absolutely love the Florida Keys because it is beautiful and we have AWESOME friends there. The Florida panhandle is simply breathtaking along the beach. Maui was my most memorable vacation, mainly because my wife & I spent our 25th wedding anniversary there. And, anyone that knows me will tell you that I am a BIG, BIG, BIG fan of Disney (been there about 20 times and would go again tomorrow).
Q: If you could only be a fan of one sports team who would it be - and why?
Ron: This is an easy answer:
• I am an Indianapolis Colts Fanatic and have been since 1984.
• Jim Harbaugh (Captain Comeback) is my all time favorite Colts Player.
• Although I miss the Hoosier Dome, Lucas Oil Stadium is awe-inspiring.
Q: If you purchased one Rotary Lift product what would it be? Why?
Ron: The SPO12 lift with 3-stage arms; you can pick up anything with that lift. No other lift in the market can come close to matching that lift in versatility, quality and dependability. Also, all of our accessories work on the lift, door defender, light kit, air/electric box, Shockwave controls, etc.